It is essential for companies to address sustainable development challenges. In order to do so, they need to improve their governance, social commitment and environmental protection. It is vital that the interests of all stakeholders are considered when creating value for the company and the society, whether it be investors, clients or suppliers.
In 2007, UEL founded the INDR, the National Institute for Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Responsibility, whose mission is to guide national businesses in the adoption of CSR in order for them to contribute to sustainable development and improve their competitiveness and image.
Our CSR strategy in 8 priorities
- We cooperate with our customers. [G36]
- We cooperate with institutions. [G38]
- We engage with our external stakeholders. [G23]
- We have identified society’s expectations. [R7]
- We have identified the interests of our stakeholders. [R9]
- Our decision-making processes ensure the implementation of our business strategy. [G17]
- Our information systems enable knowledge sharing. [G21]
- We manage data privacy and security. [G24]
Reference: INDR Guide ESR – www.esr.lu
We work together in a spirit of caring and collegiality.
We act with integrity and respect.
SERVING OUR MEMBERS AND THE COMPANIES THEY REPRESENT
We represent the interests of companies to the various stakeholders at economic and political level.
We promote open dialogue and proactive cooperation with political authorities and social partners.
We bring our expertise and competence to working groups and committees in accordance with the principles of good governance.
We are aware of our duty to set an example, and we embrace innovation, continuously develop our knowledge and take responsibility in our fields.